What does Home Insurance in San Bernardino County Cover?
- The home itself, including the structure and its plumbing, electrical wiring and central air and heat systems.
- Exterior structures, like garage, fence, patio, and any buildings on the property, like a shed or in-law home.
- The possessions in your home, such as electronics, appliances and clothes, even when they aren’t located on your property.
- Loss of use, such as paying for a hotel room while they are fixing the damages of your home.
- If the injury occurs in your property, homeowners insurance covers personal liability.
What Are the Different Types of Homeowners Insurance in San Bernardino?
- Dwelling coverage is the basis for all homeowners insurance policies. It provides protection for the physical structure of a home and any structure attached to it, including garages, and patios. It also covers a variety of perils including fire, hail, theft, and vandalism. Also, it can help you rebuild your home in the event of a total loss (up to your policy limit).
- Contents coverage is the part of your homeowners insurance that will help replace your personal property should you face a covered loss or damage. If a covered incident were to occur, you would receive funds for the value of these items, as defined by your policy.
- Personal liability insurance protects you and your family in the event that you are held responsible for bodily injury or property damage to a third party. Also, pays for your legal expenses in the event you are at fault in an accident where you cause damage to other people or property.